Financial Professionals can designate office and administrative staff to have access to client information, sales materials, and other online services to support their practice. The delegation function allows the chosen delegate to set up and access the website through their own, separate set of credentials.
Who can be a delegate?
Financial professionals can designate office and administrative staff to have access to client information, sales materials, and other online services to support their practice. The delegation function allows the chosen delegate to set up and access the website through their own, separate set of credentials. Financial professionals can add and remove delegates from accessing their book of business at any time, and they can add multiple delegates if they choose. Currently, financial professionals cannot designate access to another financial professional.
How can a financial professional designate a delegate?
To set up a delegate, financial professionals will sign in to www.securitybenefit.com and:
- Choose Manage Delegates from the My Profile menu option
- Enter the email address for their delegate; we strongly recommend an email address from the financial professional’s business
- Click Add Delegate
- Security Benefit will send an email to the delegate with instructions on how to register for access (email will be sent from email@example.com)
Note: the delegate email link will expire within 7 days after it’s sent
How does a delegate register for access?
Delegates will receive an email from Security Benefit (email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org) with instructions on completing the registration process.
Note: the delegate email link will expire within 7 days after it’s sent. Delegates cannot register for access without first being invited by a financial professional.
Delegates will complete the process by:
- Reviewing the instructions in the email from Security Benefit
- Clicking the Register for Access link in the email
- Completing the online registration form
- Setting up a username, password, and multi-factor authentication method (text message or phone call)
- Completing the online verification process through ID.me
What information can a delegate access?
Delegates access to information will be the same as a financial professional, including:
- Access to sales materials, applications, and business forms to process business and account changes
- View and update client information online
- Search, view, and download client correspondence sent from Security Benefit
- Review business processing status for new annuity applications and contracts
Can a delegate act for more than one financial professional?
Delegates can support more than one financial professional using the same online account. Once, a delegate has been established for one financial professional, other financial professionals can designate the same person to act as a delegate for their practice too.
- Financial professionals will enter the delegate's email address used by other financial professionals
- Delegates will not need to register for each financial professional
- Delegates can switch between rep profiles to support multiple books of business